mercredi 1 avril 2015

Browser ignores paths selectively

My browser (Chrome) seems to be ignoring relative paths selectively. When testing on localhost (I use XAMPP) everything works 100%, but now that the site has been uploaded to IX Web Hosting the browser selectively ignores relative paths.


I have manually checked the relative path & actual file presence and they seem to be correct.


Some more detail:


In my CSS I reference/ point to custom fonts. The browser displays the font correctly but in the browser console it shows an error with regards to the woff and woff2 font extensions,the error reads Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) here are some additional details:



  • Method: GET

  • Status: 404 Not Found

  • Type: text/html

  • Initiator: jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2


In one page I have some video clips that use the native HTML5 video player. I get the same 404 error as above for all the formats (mp4 webm ogv), with the difference being:



  • Initiator: Other

  • The videos also do not load / play.


All images however are shown without any problems, same goes for the custom fonts.


I cannot see what I am doing wrong, am I missing something here?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire